We are showing you today a few guidelines on how to design a good warm up routine. Very often paddlers neglect the importance of a good warm up or leave it to randomly chosen exercises. This may lead to poor training performance, not optimal racing or even injury.
What we suggest will help you design a warm up that:
- triggers your focus and mindfulness for the session
- helps you activate exactly the muscles you will use in the boat
- will make you feel the water and the boat quicker and better than usual
- prepare your energy systems for fast paddling
- support the best stroke patterns for efficient paddling
Remember that a good warm up routine on an ordinary day will help you prepare for the extraordinary tomorrow.